Last night (January 26th) members from the community along with Joe Cressy and City staff met in the Metro Hall Rotunda to brainstorm ideas on how to revitalize St. Andrew’s Playground. Lori Ellis from Parks, Forestry and Recreation opened with an informative history of the site (this playground was Toronto’s first in 1909), complete with old photos and maps from the Archives. She also shared some creative ideas used in parks and playgrounds elsewhere in Toronto as well as in other cities around the world. Community members then formed groups to discuss and present their visions for this treasure of a site.
Waterworks at 497-505 Richmond Street West
An opportunity for broader input will present itself shortly … stay tuned!
The NW corner of the Waterworks site 1921
The NE corner of the Waterworks site 1936
The historic plaque in Saint Andrew's Playground
South wing interior 2015 ... site of the future Food Hall